- Mint leaves or menthe soppu in kannada is a popular aromatic herb which is extensively used for culinary purposes in various dishes.
- Mint leaves extract is used as an insecticide and its most effective against mosquitoes and ants
- mint leaves consumed in the form of tea reduces stomach pain and some believe it is a strong diuretic
- menthol is added in cigarettes as it blocks the bitter taste of tobacco
- common antipruritic used against insect bites
- commonly used in aroma therapy
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Growing Mint Leaves, Mentha without soil, using Simplified Hydroponics in Mangalore by Pritham 'Metal Farmer' D'Souza